- Let us love and sing and wonder! Please join us at Worship Night on August 25 at 6pm for a time of singing and prayer in the sanctuary. Childcare will be provided for 3 and under.
- Adult Sunday School Fellowship Breakfast will be held on September 1. Please sign up to bring a dish or contact Linda Domin or Blair Adams.
- Promotional Sunday will be on September 1. Children and youth will move up to the class corresponding age/grade in Fall 2019. High school students will meet in the Fellowship Hall with the adults at the Fellowship Breakfast on that day during the SS hours.
- Sunday Evenings at Peace will begin September 8.
- Welcome Visitors - whether you have been once or twenty times, please join us to meet the pastors and learn more about opportunities at Peace Church at our Visitor's Lunch on September 8 in the Fellowship Hall at 12:15pm following the 11 o’clock service.
- Community Group Leaders are invited to a training lunch at 12:15pm in the Fellowship Hall on September 22 following the 11 o’clock service.
- Welcome Wesleyan to Peace on September 29. A Fellowship Lunch will be held at 12:15pm in the Fellowship Hall following the 11 o'clock service.
- Get ready for our Fall Festival Food Truck Rodeo on October 5.
- Don't miss the Women’s Retreat this year. Once again, it will be hosted at the church with Courtney Doctor sharing, “From Glory to the Garden. Please mark your calendars for October 25-26. For more information and to register please check on the web.
- Childcare Schedules for September 2019 thru February 2020 were emailed to the nursery and Children's Church volunteers this week. Please note your dates of service on your fall and winter calendars now. Thank you for your willingness to serve!
- Life on Life is a new opportunity at Peace to go deeper in understanding what it means to be a mature and equipped follower of Christ, committed to doing the same in the lives of others. These discipleship groups are gender-specific and involve more effort and time than a community group.If you are interested in learning more, contact Pastor Domin (919-937-8537) or Juliana West (919-332-2470).
Every day you see people who are hurting: those who have lost a job, lost a loved one, gone through a divorce, or are battling a terminal illness. Stephen Ministers are God's representatives who bring his love to those who are hurting. Our congregation's Stephen Ministers provide a confidential one-on-one caring ministry to persons struggling in their life circumstances through prayer, encouragement, and regular meetings. Perhaps you're at a place where you can give back by serving and blessing others? Explore your possible role in Stephen Ministry by contacting a Stephen Minister (they wear blue badges on Sundays) or one of the following Stephen Leaders: Debbie Abrams (919-612-5955), Jan Coates (919-244-1135) Donnie Hayes (919-801-5424), Cheryl Somerville (919-946-1450) Matt Somerville (919-417-0763)
There will be an informational meeting in September, with training to begin in October. Details to come! Questions? Contact Matt Somerville or Debbie Abrams.
Dorcas Ministries is hiring! We are looking for a new Drop Off Ambassador to work Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursday and Saturdays from 8:30 AM – 5 PM. Our Drop Off Ambassadors help promote Dorcas Ministries through outstanding customer service, accepting donations for the Dorcas Thrift Shop and Client Services, as well as general housekeeping for the facility and assistance with the movement of donated items. Full job description can be found on our website. Apply by submitting the online application, found HERE. No phone calls, please. Position will remain open until filled.
If you have a prayer request to share with our congregation, please send your requests to these addresses, based on day & time of day:
Tuesday - Friday, 7am to 5pm, send to Secretary
All other days & times, send to Cheryl Somerville
Also, if you are not receiving our prayer line, but would like to be, check the box on your prayer request card (on the pew back), along with your email address, and put in the offering basket. Or send a note to Secretary with that request.
Sunday Childcare Volunteers
New Moms Meal Ministry
Help serve our little ones and their families! If you or someone you know is having a baby, please let Kristi Harvey know, so a meal or series of meals can be coordinated. You may also contact Kristi if you are interested in helping make meals for this important ministry.
Help For Moms With New Babies
Volunteer to help moms with new babies! This ministry is welcoming new women looking for a way to bless moms of new babies under one year old. Peace has welcomed several new babies in the last few months, and that means more new moms who need a weekly nap break or companion visit. Jewels can help according to their own ability and schedule. Want more info? Contact Janet Conner for details.
We offer online and text message giving. Click here for the details. Please be aware that there is a 3% charge to the church when giving with a credit card.
Church Office Hours
The church office will be closed Mondays and open Tuesdays-Fridays, 9-5pm.
Playgroup for young children
Attention mothers of babies and young children: come join us every Friday for a playgroup in the children's church room (Room C106-107, Education Building) from 9:30-11am. Come get to know other moms while we watch our little ones play. Email Amy Langley with questions.