Local Missionaries and Organizations
As an outreach ministry of Peace Presbyterian Church, we believe that providing this “caring and nurturing place” is another way we can fulfill our commitment to proclaim God’s Word and aid in the spiritual development of children. We trust in the words of Isaiah 55:10: “As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.”
Dorcas Ministries began in 1968 when local Cary citizens saw the need to do good and help the poor in their community. After recognizing a void in quality educational programs for low-income families, local Christians stepped in to create a literacy curriculum for impoverished adults. Now equipped with a thrift shop, food pantry, job training and financial management classes, the ministry of Dorcas is flourishing.
Read a blog post about Dorcas.
Students from many ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds learn together in Kingswood's bright, welcoming halls. Whether you're a retired educator or a young professional with a flexible lunch break, connect with Kingswood ES for the opportunity to love kids, families and teachers in Cary.
Read a blog post about Kingswood.
Northeast Raleigh is a highly diverse suburb where countless people relentlessly pursue the American Dream, often watching with frustration as it passes by. Real people like us often miss Jesus and, therefore, have trouble loving one another. What would it look like for a church in Northeast Raleigh to help people see Jesus and bring them together in his name? We believe it would look like All people worshiping one Lord together in multi-ethnic communities. Pastor Duane Davis is working to see the realities of the gospel come true in Northeast Raleigh.
Peace also support the following ministries:
- Intervarsity Christian Fellowship at Shaw University and St. Augustine's College
- Pardoned By Christ
- Gateway Pregnancy Center
- Reformed University Fellowship at NC State, UNC - Chapel Hill, Duke University
- Raleigh Area Concerts of Prayer
- Barnabus Ministries of the Triangle, Ricky Mil
- Together in Grace, Eddie Brown
- Lighthouse Ministries
- Ministry to State: Helena, Montana (Steve Bostrom)
- Young Life (Western Wake County)
Global Missionaries and Organizations
- Matt and Sarah Haynes, MTW South Africa
- Andrew and Laura Kate Lupton, MTW, United Church of Bogota, Colombia
- Titus and Kathy Gall, Frontiers
- Bill Mial, TWR - Africa
- Peter and Diane Bakelaar, MTW Japan
- McDaniel and Blossom Phillips, TWR
- Intervarsity International Student Ministry at NC State, Andy White
- Dehli Bible Institute
- Oscar and Marilda Arruda, Ministries in Action, Brazil
- Paco and Priscila Valdez - Impact International – Guatemala
- Puerta de Esperanza, Honduras
- Roger and Diane Smalling, MTW Latin America
- Carol Witthun, Trans World Radio, Guam
- Dave and Sylvia Riggs - Wycliffe Bible Translators – Mexico
- Edwin and Evie Martinez - One Challenge – Latin America
- John and Susan Shane - MTW South Africa
- Jonathan and Kate Mitchell, Concentric Development NC
- Lorrey Thabet, InterVarsity Graduate and Faculty Ministries