Call to Worship Psalm 7:17
I will give to the LORD the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the LORD, the Most High.
Hymn and Song Suggestion
Confession of Sin Psalm 90:8
You have set our iniquities before you, our secret sins in the light of your presence.
Prayer of Confession
Assurance of Pardon Psalm 103:8-12
The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
He will not always chide, nor will he keep his anger forever.
He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
Scripture Reading for Reflection Ephesians 3:20–21
20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
God “is able” to answer our prayers.
- What burden are you carrying to God in your prayers lately?
- Have you doubted God’s ability to lift that burden? What thoughts or actions betray your doubt?
- Why is God able to lift your burdens?
- God is good, doing “far more abundantly than all that we ask or think.”
- What does this truth teach us about the fatherhood of God?
- How is this truth a comfort to us in times of distress?
God’s prayer-answering power is not far off but is “at work within us.”
- How is the power of God at work within us?
- What steps have you taken in your spiritual life to grow in your faith?
The Church is to be steadfast “throughout all generations” in glorifying God.
- How are you honoring God as a member of the Church?
- What has this period of “social-distancing” taught you about the importance of the Church?
We praise God because we are confident in his ability and goodness—“Amen!” These things are so!
- Is your confidence easily shaken?
- Do you place your confidence in God’s ability and goodness, or in your own?
- Will you resolve to trust God more?
Have confidence in the God who is able and give him glory in your prayers today.
Hymn and Song Suggestion
Benediction Jude 24-25
Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.
Back to Worship at Home