As an outreach ministry of Peace Presbyterian Church, we believe that providing this “caring and nurturing place” is another way we can fulfill our commitment to proclaim God’s Word and aid in the spiritual development of children. We trust in the words of Isaiah 55:10:
As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
If you are interested in enrolling a child or teaching, please click here.
Dorcas Ministries began in 1968 when local Cary citizens saw the need to do good and help the poor in their community. After recognizing a void in quality educational programs for low-income families, local Christians stepped in to create a literacy curriculum for impoverished adults. Now equipped with a thrift shop, food pantry, job training, and financial management classes, the ministry of Dorcas is flourishing.
Kingswood Elementary School
Students from many ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds learn together in Kingswood's bright, welcoming halls. Whether you're a retired educator or a young professional with a flexible lunch break, connect with Kingswood ES for the opportunity to love kids, families, and teachers in Cary.
Additional ministries supported by Peace
- Intervarsity Christian Fellowship at Shaw University and St. Augustine's College
- Pardoned By Christ
- Gateway Pregnancy Center
- Reformed University Fellowship at NC State, UNC - Chapel Hill, Duke University
- Raleigh Area Concerts of Prayer
- Barnabus Ministries of the Triangle, Ricky Mil
- Together in Grace, Eddie Brown
- Lighthouse Ministries
- Ministry to State: Helena, Montana (Steve Bostrom)
- Young Life (Western Wake County)
- Mission to State, Raleigh